Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I don't know about you but has anyone noticed how quick a pot of shop bought hummus goes off? Or how many calories a tbsp of hummus is? Well recently, I have come to realise the answers to these questions and it's not something that is working for me.

Both of these together link for me as I am watching my calories therefore cannot have too much of the pot however it seems to go off before I can space out my portions. I know, such a challenge.

I decided to look at making my own.

I found a really quick easy recipe on the BBC website which looked easy enough to follow and didn't have too many ingredients

I decided to mix the recipe up a bit and change some ingredients to make it my own.

Ingredients:


200g tinned of chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp of light tahini
Sprinkle of salt
4 grilled peppers from a jar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed (I used frozen crushed garlic)
2 tbsp lemon juice, (I used the plastic Jif lemon juice but you can use fresh)
4 tbsp water

Add all the ingredients to the food processor and blitz until smooth.



I got about 4 portions from this recipe and placed them in separate tupperware to take to work for my lunch. Sometimes I add a a sprinkle of chilli flakes in the processor for a little kick.
The calories are a quarter of the shop bought as well which is great news for us counters.

The next step is to try some new combinations as now being plantbased I love having hummus with main meals as well as snacks.

What is your favourite hummus recipe?

Thanks for reading

B xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I WILL NOT BUY CLOTHES Primark shop!

April Favourites 2017

May Favourites 2017