Transitioning to a Plant-based Diet

It is Time!


Source: Google

It has been nearly 10 years since I became a vegetarian.

I read a book called Skinny Bitch and the next day I stopped eating meat.
I've always thought that it was enough until I started watching vegans on YouTube and listened to stories about animal cruelty in the dairy industry. 

For the last few years I have sort of ignored this information or put it to the back of my mind. I have always wanted to go vegan but then I'd find every excuse under the sun not to. 

"My family wont understand, its not fair on my Nana for me to be so awkward"
"It will be too hard, I love cheese too much"
"It's too expensive to be vegan"

Excuses that so many people have thought of or heard before.

Source: Google

Thankfully I watched a documentary called What The Health on Netflix which completely changed my opinion on dairy. I also joined lots of vegan Facebook groups and followed lots of vegan/plant-based accounts on Instagram.

As I follow the Cambridge Weight Plan, I used this as my main excuse as a lot of the products have milk in them. There are plenty of lactose free products which I have started using as well as having plant-based recipes alongside them.

I'm 3 weeks in and apart from one little blip day I'm absolutely loving it. I'm very excited to start this new journey and bring you along for the ride.

What are your favourite plant-based recipes?

Thanks for reading

B Xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I WILL NOT BUY CLOTHES Primark shop!

April Favourites 2017

May Favourites 2017